As a fellow planner addict, paper has always been a big point for me. Paper should be sustainable and not bleed through when we want to be creative, right?
I decided to opt for thick, smooth, bright paper that allows colourful Mildliners and Tombow art pens to shine. The thing I dislike about off-white paper is how it can 'muddy' the colours.
These are the current specifications:
- 80LB/120 GSM weight
- Ultra-smooth finish
- 96 brightness, a brilliant true-white shade
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®) Certified Sourcing
- Made with Total Chlorine Free (TCF) and Elemental Chlorine Free (ECF) virgin fiber content
- Manufactured under alkaline (acid-free) conditions for increased longevity and performance
- Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certified by NEPCon, a partner of the Rainforest Alliance
I'm happy to report that several people have told me that the paper is 100% fountain-pen friendly.
Above is Katie Merrill's pen test from Grow Your Oaks! I have to admit, I was kind of surprised the felt tip sharpie did so well. Her blog post says:
"PEN TEST. First image is all the pens I used, the second image shows the ghosting on the quote page behind it. Notice how little the felt tip sharpie bleeds through. Amazing!!"
More tests to come soon!